Friday, October 26, 2007

Andrea, Maya, & Sarah + Two Feathers

This was by far one of THR3’s more interesting encounters. Outside of Tony Bento, just off Hawthorne, I was able to persuade three ladies into an interview. With time to kill before their meal, they answered my harmless questions with a high degree of disinterest. As I was about the wrap things up a Native American gang rolls up. The leader, Two Feathers, then starts showing off his new belt to us. I abruptly ended the interview with the group to speak with Two Feathers. As I go to retrieve my camera from my bag he literally disappears into thin air. For five minutes, I look all over Hawthorne for him but to no avail. I began to wonder if he was real. Indeed his voice is still on my cassette recorder when I went to write the transcript of the interview but there is a nagging part of me that still questions Two Feathers existence.


AGES: 24-25
TIME: 16:32
DATE: Oct 23, 2007
LOCATION: Tony Bento off Hawthorne

THR3: Well, the weather is really amazing today. Some have offered that it is the nicest day of 2007. Would you agree? Or is there another day that sticks out in your mind? Maybe September 3 or August 1st or May 4th.

A: I think any day when there is sun is great.

M: I think today is beautiful.

S: I don’t know. I just moved up here, so I haven’t seen many days to compare.

THR3: Where did you come from?

S: Eugene, where everyday of summer is perfect.

THR3: So what have you done with the great weather today?

A: Walked around and shopped! [laughs]

THR3: Remember last Saturday went it was cold and rainy and miserable? What did you do then?

ENTIRE GROUP: Party!

THR3: Rad. Any Halloween plans?

A: We are having a party at our house – we all live together.

THR3: Sweet. What kind of costume ideas you have cooking?

ENTIRE GROUP: Slutty!


Enter Two Feathers.


THR3: So you made this belt all by yourself?

TF: Yeah.

THR3: Out of what material?

TF: Leather.

THR3: Where did you get the leather from?

TF: A friend.

THR3: A friend?

TF: Yeah, downtown.

THR3: So you didn’t skin a cow or anything.

TF: No, no, no.

THR3: How long have you had the belt?

TF: About…three weeks.

THR3: How long did it take you make to belt?

TF: About…I’d say…about a half a day.

THR3: That is pretty quick.

TF: Yeah, look at it. [He shows me the belt. On the inside of the buckle, in LAGRE white print, reads: MADE IN CHINA]

THR3: Wow. That is a quality belt!

TF: I only make the best, man.

1 comment:

Bo said...

slutty huh? so what time are you headed to the party then?