Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Micheal

I was riding my bike back from a job interview when I see the black Lance Armstrong zooming down the road. After a full out sprint for three blocks I catch up to him. Immediately it was apparent that he had no intention of slowing down or stopping to conduct an interview, as he was a man on a mission. Nonetheless, as long I did not impede his progress he was happy to converse. Although luckily he was forced to dismount at Portland’s longest traffic light at the hectic intersection of NE Sandy/E Burnside/SE 12thAve, which granted the opportunity for the photo op.

AGE: 35
TIME: 12:55
DATE: Oct. 22, 2007
LOCATION: Heading East on E Burnside

THR3: Where you headed today?

M: Downtown.

THR3: What’s downtown?

M: Work.

THR3: How long have you been working downtown?

M: Shit, as long as I have been here.

THR3: How long is that?

M: Thirteen years.

THR3: What neighborhood you represent currently?

M: Hollywood.

THR3: Where are you from originally?

M: Chicago.

THR3: Nice, the city of big shoulders. Where did you go after Chicago?

M: The Army, South Carolina, and Georgia.

THR3: So what is your favorite place in this world?

M: Portland! That is why I am here.

THR3: Besides being in a great city, what is the best thing in your life right now?

M: My art and happy people.

THR3: What kind of art do you do?

M: It’s a mix between Dali and Escher.

THR3: Any shows coming up?

M: No, but I got stuff on the web: http://stoneflowersutra.tripod.com

THR3: Respect.

1 comment:

STONEFLOWERSUTRA said...

I had forgotten all about this ride, thanks for stopping me dude. Just so you know I had a wipe out a week later. (((WARE A HELMET)))) I woke up in an ambulance, not cool, and I still haven't paid that damn bill. lol.